ProCyclingGame is a very dynamic game concept. We started out with a basic framework on 2020/1/1, but are still finetuning the game. From data analysis and feedback we might be making some adjustments to the rules. On this page we give you an overview of the changes that were made.
- Added the rule that investments are refunded whenever a rider does not start.
- Variable salestax changed (from linear degrading in 10 days from 5% to 0% of salesprice) to a fixed salestax of 5000.
- Sell for highest day price (or highest price since time of purchase in case of purchase today) instead of actual price.
- Stoploss and sell on finish options removed. Instead, an end-of-day sell option is implemented.
- Performance bonus abolished -> rider prices only fluctuate based on sales.
- The captain role can be only applied to a single race or stage, maximum 7 days in advance. The prizemoney for the final GC is not doubled anymore.
- Introduction of the Attacker, Domestique and Offday rider roles.
- To collect prizemoney, a rider needs to be on your team at least 5 minutes before the finish of a race.
- The team captain option is now avaible within the 'My team' page. The costs for the 10-day period is reduced from 40.000 to 35.000. The costs for the 25-day period is reduced from 60.000 to 50.000.
- The stoploss function is available again within the 'My team' page.
- Introduction of the 'Sell on finish' function, available within the 'My team' page.
- Startup phase moved from January 20th to January 27th because of cancelled races.
- The inflation factor is discarded in the 2021 game. The startup phase should limit the most significant prize increases.
- Option to assign team captain for a period of time by an upfront investment. Team captains score double prizemoney.
- Prizemoney scheme is modified. In general, prizemoney is around 40% lower than the 2020 game. This should lower the pace in which teams accumulate value.
Modification to how the prizemoney for leading the classifications is awarded. From 29/8 you need to have bought the rider before the start of the stage in which the rider took the lead. Before you could have bought a rider that was in the lead and receive the prizemoney at the end of the day.
Added an extra price scale for intermediate KOM sprints. Before it had 4 levels, but many races have 5 categories for climbs. Also, for a HC sprint, the top-5 will receive prizemoney. For a level 1 climb, the top-4 and so on. There will be a recomputation of previous races, as this was not consistently applied.
Major update on multiple levels. (1) Instead of a 100/75/50/25 increase/decrease after each transaction, a fixed 50,- value. (2) Implementation of a startup phase for PCG v2. (3) Different method of baseprice computation. (4) Direct increase of rider value upon scoring result. (5) Introduction of investment cap.
Added exception rule regarding canceled races.
Added explanation on stoploss selling to rules. Function will be available from 2020/2/24 9:00 CET onwards.
Modification to the salestax. These include now a fixed element. These go from 10% to 5%+5000,-, from 8% to 4%+4000,-, from 6% to 3%+3000,-, from 4% to 2%+2000,-, from 2% to 1%+1000,-, the 1% from 10 to 30 days stays the same. This makes the salestax on low priced riders a bit higher, which should lower the opportunity for very short term price speculation.
Modification to the way baseprices are recomputed. With immediate effect, baseprices will only be adjusted at 03:00 in the morning, and will be adjusted by a maximum of 500,- up or down. Because of this change, there is no need for a market closing period anymore, and the market will always be open. We believe this change will make playing for prizemoney more relevant, and you don't have to wait anymore for the market to re-open.
The 1-hour money-back rule has been abolished. Instead of this, the purchase needs to be confirmed by a second button. This change fixes the problem of a temporary rider price increase. The modification will be in effect inmediately, but riders purchased in the last 60 minutes can be sold without costs for another hour.
Added a trapped reduction for the € 100,- increase rule. After 1000 purchases the increase is reduced to 75,-, after 2000 purchases the increase is reduced to 50,- and after 3000 purchases the increase stays at 25,-. This change is made to temper the fluctuation of prices of highly popular riders. This change had effect on the prices of riders that were purchased over 1000 times (Evenepoel, Bennett, Porte, Ewan and van der Poel). If you had one (or more) of these riders on your team, the price difference is put back on your cash position.
This change was necessary as more players than expected find their way to ProCyclingGame.
To keep the game playable we are carefully monitoring the balance between transfer earnings and prize winnings.
Removed multiple team playing mode (function was not released yet). After initial game analysis it is believed that maintaining one team provides enough strategy oppertunities, while activating multiple teams would inflate prices.
Added exceptions rulings for result disqualifications.
Added exceptions rulings.
Added prize scheme for final points, KOM, youth classification to rules and team time trials to rules.
Baseprices are automatically updated daily at 03:00 in the morning and following the finish of a race. At the rider profiles a point breakdown link is available.
Modification to the way the PCG rider ranking is computed. From 12-month intervals to season intervals with a linear discount percentage. Fixes the problem of a rider suddenly losing points.
Modification to the transaction costs. From a 0% after 10 days to 0% after 30 days. This is to decrease short term speculation on rider prices. This change will go into effect on January 20th to give players the opportunity to sell riders under the old rules. A rider sold after 2020-01-20 23:59:59 will be sold under the new rules.
Introduction of market closing period. To decrease short term investment opportunities.