You start with a 5.000.000,- budget with which you can buy up to 20 riders for your team. The goal of the game is simple: increase the value of your team and beat the other players!
The rules are explained in more detail below, but here are the bullet points.
- Startup phase from 14/01 10:00 to 26/01 10:00 in which rider prices remain fixed.
- Starting budget of 5.000.000
- Buy up to 20 riders
- Earn money: score prizemoney or sell riders at a profit.
- Buy and sell any time of the day
- When you sell a rider you pay a fixed salestax of 5000,-
- Rider prices increase/decrease with 50,- after every transaction
- Invest in your riders by making them team captain
- New in 2022 -> The domestique, offday and attacker investments
How to increase the value of my team?
Your teamvalue is the total value of your riders plus cash. The value of your team increases in two ways: (1) by earning prizemoney and (2) when the value of riders on your team increases. Riders score prize money if they get results in the races on the game calendar. You can earn extra if you invested in your riders by making them captain, attacker, offday or domestique. The prize money is added to your cash position. Rider values fluctuate depending on how many times they are purchased.
Riders score money for your team based upon their actual performances in races. In stage races, prize money is awarded for the leaders in the general, points, king of mountain or youth classification. In World Tour races there are additonal prizes for KOM sprints and intermediate sprints. The prize money is added to your cash position.
To collect the prize money, a rider needs to be bought before the starting time of a race or stage and still be on your team at least 5 minutes before the finish of that race. For example, if you buy a rider at the morning of stage 4 before the stage starts and sell after the stage, you collect the prizemoney if that rider scores a prize. The starting times for races will be indicated at the race pages. The finish time of a race is the time when the first rider crosses the finishline. For the final GC the starting time of the first stage is taken as reference.
For the prizemoney for the leader in the race, you need to have bought the rider before the start of the stage in which he took the lead.
You can buy any active rider, no matter his level of racing.
For team time trials (TTT) there is a special prize scheme, which indicates the prize money per rider. If you have for example 5 riders from the winning team in the Tour de France, you would receive 5 x 5000 = 25.000 euro.
Start of the game
The game begins with a startup phase. During this time you can buy riders for the baseprice and sell riders without salestax. After the startup phase, rider prices start to fluctuate. When the game starts, you pay 5000,- salestax upon every sale of a rider.
Buy & Sell
You can buy riders at any time of the day. It is allowed to buy any rider if you have enough cash on hand. The maximum number of riders on your team is 20, but you may have less. Riders can be sold at any time during the day, but at every sale you pay a fixed salestax of 5000,-.
How are riders valued?
The actual value of a rider is determined by the baseprice plus the number of players having the rider on their team multiplied by 50.
RiderPrice = [BasePrice] + 50 * [#Teams]
The baseprice is determined at the start of the game. It is based upon a set of factors including points scored in previous years, age and teamlevel. When the startup phase ends, the base price is corrected with 50*[#Teams] to balance the price for the formula. For each time a player purchases or sells a rider, the price is corrected with 50,- up or down.
You can earn extra by investing in your riders. There are four rider roles; Captain, Offday, Domestique and Attacker. They are explained in more detail below. These options are available 7 days before the start of the race. You can not cancel your investment. Does your rider not start? Than you receive a full refund of your investment. The refund is done after the start of the race.
You can invest in your riders by making them team captain for a specific stage or race. You need to pay 25% of the #1 prizemoney upfront. All prizemoney for your rider is then doubled. Important! Prizemoney for final classification is never doubled!
You can invest in a rider by making them domestique. You pay 1000,- upfront for a specified stage or race and you receive 5000,- if a teammate wins the race. That teammate does not need to be on your team.
Your rider can't perform everyday ofcourse. If you want to earn some money from an offday of a rider on your team, you can pay 1000,- for the Offday option. Does your rider finish the race in the bottom 10, you earn 5000,-. Note that the rider needs to finish the race, in case of a DNF or OTL you receive no payment.
This option is only available for WorldTour and Pro races. Do you expect your rider to go in the break? You can then make him attacker. You pay 1000,- upfront for a specific stage or race. Is your rider in the break of the day? Then you earn 5000,-. All riders that break away from the peloton and have at least 50 kilometre ridden in front of the peloton are eligible for this bounty.
- At unforeseen circumstances we hold the right to make decisions that are necessary for the benefit of the game. Such a decision will always be reported on the website, along with an explanation.
- Whenever a race is cancelled, the scheduled prizemoney will not be awarded, and no special refunds will be made for riders bought under the assumption of starting in that race.
- When a stage race is shortened, prizemoney for the final GC will be based on the finish time of the last ridden stage.
- In the tragic event of the death (or life threatening injury) of a rider, the value of the rider before the news was reported is refunded. All transactions after that point will be made undone, so there is no need to quickly sell in such a case.
- While it is perfectly possible to have multiple player accounts to pursue diverse strategies, it is not allowed to solely support a single team by buying the same riders.
In obvious cases, we can take out the supporting teams.
- It can occur that a rider is disqualified from the result. In this case the already awarded prize money is recomputed. In some cases, this could lead to your cash position being negative. This situation will resolve itself when new prize money is awarded or once you sell a rider. Recomputation of prize money is done at the latest 3 days after the day of racing.
- You are free of chosing your teamname, however we don't accept any offensive names, political statements or URLs. In these cases we directly alter the name to a default name, after which you have the chance to modify your teamname to an acceptible name.